Proactive & Configurable Trademark Management
ANAQUA’s industry leading Trademark Management Module manages some of the most well-known and lucrative brands in the world including Microsoft, Coca-Cola, HP, Dell, Xerox, and Jack Daniel’s. The Trademark Module provides a full set of tools and data for clearance searches, application drafting, prosecution, maintenance, and filing activities. Law firms support their client’s filing processes by configuring workflow and decision-making assignments while proactively managing all related tasks, correspondence, and documents. Create multiple applications directly from the filing plan, search records, or using the Create Trademark Wizard.
ANAQUA's unique collaborative management approach delivers dramatic productivity gains for leading trademark management law practices. The system covers the full trademark lifecycle from search and clearance to registration and licensing. The Trademarks Module also supports designs, domain names, and copyrights. Global country rules drive automated workflow for firm staff, attorneys, leadership, agents and clients alike. Tasks not completed on schedule trigger alerts and escalations automatically so you can focus on higher value work while the system handles routine deadline management.
Trademark Clearance Search
ANAQUA’s trademark clearance search provides an online request process coupled with a global clearance project management function. Access a portal and surveys to request searches with configurable workflow, notifications, and reminders. The request routs through an automated review and approval workflow and creates a clearance record with information copied from the request. The Trademark Search feature provides the ability to initiate, manage, and record searches for multiple marks in multiple countries. It supports full online collaboration with foreign agents, with electronic instruction and acknowledgement, updating of search results, and uploading of images and search reports.
- Perform advanced clearance searches with trademark data from Wolters-Kluwer
- Manage searches in Document Workspaces
- Validate trademark data provided at the record or portfolio level
- Records have a configurable secondary status, which is used to track search type and status
- All documents, emails, and notes are saved in the record or Document Workspace
- Create custom surveys for submitting search requests to the responsible attorney
One-Page Docketing™ brings the information you need onto a single screen laid out to match the firm’s procedures and your personal work process. ANAQUA's trademark management supports a paperless process with integrated images, document and email management, and a PTO Forms Library with document and mail merge templates. Outside agents can upload search reports and respond to instructions online. Bulk manage global searches, applications, and renewals with just a few clicks.
- Create and use sophisticated prosecution templates that structure tasks, assignments, due dates, and escalation responsibilities with full country law support from the law engine
- Automatically create PTO record links once application filing is complete with e-filing support for a number of PTOs globally
- ANAQUA’s auto-docketing provides bulk import of Office Action documents and correspondence
The Trademark Management Module automates the decision process and bulk renewal actions for the renewal payment process. It also provides portfolio reviews and payment decision workflows with an integration with ANAQUA Services as well as the ability to interface to other renewal service providers. ANAQUA Services provides past and future payment data to allow cost projection reports at the trademark and portfolio level.
- Obtain quotes and place orders directly from the trademark screens
- Create PTO record links automatically once applications are filed
- Support for Community Trade Mark (CTM) e-filing with OHIM
- E-filing is supported for a number of PTOs
Third Party Trademark Portfolio Analysis
The Third Party Trademark Module supports the import and analysis of portfolios and trademarks with images owned by potential licensees, competitors, and other entities.
- Upload third party trademarks in bulk then analyze in the same way as client assets
- Link to General Matters, IP Reviews, Conflicts, and Agreements
- Automatically classify third party trademarks using the same classifications used for your client’s trademark portfolio using semantic analysis of a defined set of document texts
- Leverage the IP Review Module to manage more in-depth analysis of specific third party trademarks
Trademark Infringement & Watch
Manage your client’s counterfeits and infringements in the Conflicts Module, which provides configurable support for tracking trends including support for docketing specific opposition and enforcement procedures with deadlines and reminders. The Trademark Module also records and tracks watch status. Firm staff, attorneys, leadership, service providers, and even clients can submit suspected infringements including photos and other documents through the ANAQUA Portal. Leverage the Third Party Trademark Module to capture details of the counter party’s IP and link to the Conflicts Module.
- Track client oppositions, infringements, and other legal conflicts (but not law firm conflicts of interest) in the Conflicts Module with the standard ANAQUA collaboration, document and email management, and workflow functions
- Docket actions and deadlines, assign tasks and reminders
- Capture all documents and emails for a case
- Create records for third party IP and link to one or more conflicts
- Create Conflict Umbrella records for a complete view of all conflicts with a counterparty
- Use custom surveys to alert the IP team of suspected infringements with associated workflow
ANAQUA provides comprehensive support to your IP team for anti-counterfeiting activities including reporting suspected counterfeit products found online or on the street; workflow for review and action; tracking contacts, entities, litigation, settlements; creating and linking products, conflicts, agreements and general matter records; tracking expenses and reporting on activity, outcomes, and trends.
- Access a configurable survey to report on counterfeit products, which captures product name, description, today’s date, user name, brief remarks, and location via GPS
- Upload one or more images of the various counterfeit product with dimensions and one designated as primary
- Upon review, if the reviewer decides to take action against the offending party, the paralegal launches a Conflict Record to track enforcement efforts and further development
- Automatically link the counterfeit product record with its images as a subject to the new record. Internal brands and marks infringed can also be linked to the conflict
- Define a panel for variable counterfeit tracking details for entry and reporting
- The standard Conflict Current Position, Event Log, and the Prosecution window provide convenient tools for tracking the prosecution of the case