Anaqua User Conference 2016 Recap
2016 marks a pivotal year for Anaqua, and the Anaqua User Conference (AUC) was our biggest to date! The AUC took place from September 20th-23rd at the Boston Seaport Hotel. We had a great turnout this year with our largest client attendance to date including Corporate clients Honda, Tokyo Electron, Becton Dickinson, ARM, ABB, and HP as well as Law Firm clients Garlick & Markison, Thompson Coburn, Marshall Gerstein, and Michael Best just to name a few. One of the most valuable aspects of the AUC was providing a forum for our clients’ to network and share insight on how using ANAQUA helps them accomplish a diverse range of business objectives.
Developing a variety of new capabilities, features, and functionality, and acquiring several companies to augment our core product over the last year, Anaqua showcased a highly developed solution configurable to individual client needs. Additionally, attendees had the opportunity to meet members of our global Anaqua team, including members of our executive, marketing, client services, and technical teams, as well as members from our new offices in Tokyo, Germany and Italy.
Wanting to offer more value to our attendees, we hosted 2 days of free training Tuesday and Wednesday before the full conference kicked off. Sessions such as Change Management and Data Integrity Best Practices, User Personalization and Customization, and HyperView Training received highly positive feedback. Following the training, Wednesday night, we opened the general conference with a Welcome Reception. Thursday morning, Anaqua CEO, Bob Romeo kicked off the AUC with opening remarks followed by the first keynote speaker of the conference. The Anaqua-lead sessions offered vision, road map, and practical uses cases for the platform, and the client sessions provided a forum to share best practices and explain how they leverage ANAQUA to manage their IP.
Keynote Special Guests
- Steve Boyer, IBM Research Consultant | Finding Dark Data
- Allen Phelps, CEO, Trust Farm LLC | Trade Secret Protection Program
- Lars Kellberg, VP, Novo Nordisk | Managing IP Portfolio Risks in Pharma Sector
- Jim Gray, VP, Head of IP Operations, SAP | Tapping the Power of ANAQUA Data with Analytics
- Adam Greyson, Hewlett- Packard, IP Technologist | Lifting the Veil on Patents and Portfolios
- Elizabeth Haanes, Partner, Thompson Coburn | Better, Faster, Cheaper: How Outside Counsel can Embrace Technology for Fun & Profit
- Matt Troyer, Director of Patent Data Analytics, Anaqua | How Analytics can Guide your Patent Strategy
- Denise Cheung, Vice President, Product Management, Anaqua | 2016 Product Roadmap & What’s to Come in 2017
- Josh Rosello – Director, Product Management, Anaqua | IP Financial Forecasting – VOC
Thursday’s sessions closed with a trolley ride to the New England Aquarium where attendees dined and chatted over drinks, a lobster bake, and a special show put on by the Aquarium. This year’s AUC was a great success encompassing high level learning, best practices sharing, and networking over drinks.
Thank you to all who participated and attended! Hope to see you all next year!