Law Firm Foundation
ANAQUA provides a baseline software offering with additional modules and services add-ons that augment the foundation and support the IP lifecycle from a law firm perspective. ANAQUA’s foundation enables your firm to consolidate the number of systems needed to support IP operations, streamline workflows, and collaborate with your clients more effectively.
Document & Email Management
ANAQUA provides integrated document and email management to support paperless IP operations. Each case produces a variety of documents and correspondence, which the system can store, track, and report on; upload documents to one or more records as needs dictate. Email, attachments, and documents are full-text searchable so you can quickly find what you are looking for. Merge codes tap commonly used data, such as responsible attorney, manager, paralegal, and reference number to auto-populate forms and standard correspondence. Share case records from the system by selecting a contact and auto-generating an email, which includes a URL link. Attach documents to tasks, with deadlines for pending due dates, so the person responsible for completing the task has the information they need.
- Quick Search gives you fast access to records and documents using a wide variety of internal or external reference numbers, project and client names, or via full text search
- Find - provides an extensive set of search criteria for full text searches and search by classifications of records, documents, email, attachments, and clients. Drag-and-drop panels let you personalize the FIND screen. Results display links to records as well as images. Select the fields to display and move and sort columns before exporting to Excel or PDF providing a quick and easy reporting tool
- My Searches - saves and bookmarks search criteria and results as reusable searches. This provides a simple, convenient way to generate reports to print or export for further analysis and distribution
Workflow automation is key to productivity, and Anaqua’s Unified IP Management platform increases your team’s productivity by streamlining IP operations often returning more savings than the cost of the system in the first 18-24 months.
- Process automation improves your team’s productivity providing greater value to your clients
- Bulk updates, exports, and task assignments allow you to handle large volume projects, speed cycle times, and eliminate redundant data entry
- Improve client billing processes with electronic invoicing for you and your agents
- Automatic notifications, alerts, and open task escalation ensures work is completed on time so your team never misses a deadline
- ANAQUA STUDIO automates and streamlines patent application drafting and Office Action responses making
ANAQUA was the first IP Management system to offer law firms web-based collaboration, and we continue to lead the market in this space. Online collaboration improves your firm’s operational productivity while providing unmatched access to the information needed by firm personnel and clients involved in intellectual property asset management. Collaboration is also a powerful tool for foreign agent support. Firms can set up a virtual network of foreign agents and send bulk filing instructions to the network on the client's behalf.
ANAQUA’s new Document Workspaces provide a configurable collaboration environment for IP management activities not directly related to an IP asset record. Workspaces give you the ability to create, organize, collaborate on, review, and publish documents in a folder structure supporting the full depth of ANAQUA data management. Tailored to user specific needs, ANAQUA’s Document Workspaces include a document-centric workspace for attorneys, a matter-centric workspace for docketers, and collaborative workspaces for clients.
When attorneys and clients share an online system, they draft and file higher quality PTO applications. ANAQUA’s Client Portal gives your client’s access to information without constantly taxing your staff for each request. The firm’s leadership decides what each client-user can see and do using an administration tool to define roles and permissions. Your team benefits by freeing up resources from routine data entry and report generation so you can focus on value add work.
Further, the Anaqua client community is one of the largest forums for industry insight and best practice sharing in the IP asset management space. Anaqua's clients have over half a million users at hundreds of corporations, law firms, and agents around the world accessing their ANAQUA systems on a daily basis. As a member of the Anaqua community, you benefit from their experience and advice on how to gain the benefits of online collaboration for your IP operations.
ANAQUA's state of the art user experience enables new levels of productivity and personalization. Customize your interface to match your responsibilities, priorities, and preferences.
- My Views - allows each user to customize their Home Page and Calendar using configurable Gadgets that display bookmarks, dashboard reports, tasks and notifications. Multiple Views can be configured and saved. Users can also select their language preference
- My Bookmarks - System-wide Standard Bookmarks and user-defined My Bookmarks can be displayed on the Home Page and other Views. Bookmarks are one-click links to websites, IP records, searches and reports
- My Screen Layout - allows a user to configure their screen display. With drag-and-drop, expand-and-close panels, each user can select groups of vital data to display in whatever order is desired. The user can save this as the default layout, and change it at any time
- My Searches - Users can save search criteria and results layout as reusable searches that can also be bookmarked. This provides a simple and convenient way to generate reports that can be printed or exported for further analysis and distribution
- One-Page Docketing™ - single, unified, configurable screen with the information docket administrators need to complete their work without accessing multiple screens
- Auto-complete Data Entry - for contact names, country, organizations, projects, budgets and classifications that improve usability and data quality
Dashboards & Reports
The ANAQUA system has powerful online query and reporting tools to provide IP operations and business intelligence to law firm staff, attorneys, and leadership, which enables greater visibility into the firm’s operations and IP portfolio.
- ANAQUA HyperView™ - provides advanced operational insight with enhanced data visualization and powerful analytics for fast, flexible, user-friendly dashboards and reports. No need for a data base administrator or business analyst; create your first dashboard in minutes
- ANAQUA HyperView - provides dynamic data interaction by exploiting the power of a Unified IP Platform to provide in depth reports from all the data in your ANAQUA system
- External patent data integration - enables you to research and analyze competitive portfolios
ANAQUA supports the major browsers on PCs, Macs, and mobile devices, but ANAQUA 8.5 delivers ANAQUA Anywhere support for native mobile apps. Developed specifically for the major mobile environments of iOS, Android, and Windows, ANAQUA’s mobile apps are for on-the-go attorneys, leadership, and staff who need fast access to information whenever and wherever the firm’s business takes them.
Designed in consultation with the Anaqua client community, each app provides crisp, graphical IP information in the familiar touch and swipe environment of your favorite mobile device. The initial applications include a Patent Dashboard, Trademark Dashboard, Trademark Family Status, World Trademark Coverage Maps, and more.
With ANAQUA 8.5, the mobile Anti-Counterfeiting app provides real-time photo capture in the field for tracking counterfeit trends and monitoring enforcement actions.
Obtain ANAQUA’s Mobile Apps from commercial app stores (e.g. Apple Store) and use the same underlying infrastructure as the ANAQUA web application.
ANAQUA enables you to compare your client’s assets to a competitor, or third party assets, to identify areas to focus their innovation and prosecution goals. The ANAQUA system lets you classify and rank your client’s IP assets in limitless dimensions of business and technical concepts. Better tools and workflow help you capture data early in the process and build on it through the life of the asset. Sophisticated on-line query and reporting allow you to slice, dice, and visualize your client’s data to deliver smarter insight for strategic advice and counseling. Further, perform the same analysis on your firm’s internal assets and portfolio to better position against your own competitors.
Data Validation & Integration
ANAQUA provides powerful data validation at the record and portfolio level using U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (PTO) Private Patent Application Information Retrieval (PAIR) information and global data from Anaqua Data Services. Export reports and import via XML to seamlessly share PTO data and enhance overall productivity. Ensure the data you have on your client’s assets match what is on file at the PTOs.