Integrated & Automated Patent Management
ANAQUA's industry leading Patent Management Module dramatically improves productivity and reduces costs with automated workflows, web-based collaboration, and integrated document management. Staff, attorneys, leadership, and clients share a paperless environment and secure central repository of information and documentation for the entire IP lifecycle from application drafting through portfolio management. The graphical Patent Family View is easy to navigate and advanced prior art tools for IDS management ensure high quality search results and disclosures. ANAQUA also provides related art import and management with a graphical Citation Matrix to assist tracking and citing art across one or more patent families. Configurable workflows support escalation rules so, after a predetermined time, the system alerts selected managers and firm leadership to a delay in task completion.
ANAQUA's One-Page Docketing™ brings the information you need onto a single screen laid out to match the firm’s procedures and your personal work processes. ANAQUA's rules engine incorporates global country rules that drive configurable workflows for IP processes down to the level of individual Office Actions. In order to ensure you and your team meet all deadlines and completes tasks timely; ANAQUA integrates alerts, reminders, and escalations into the rules engine. Further, ANAQUA’s auto-docketing provides bulk import of Office Action documents and correspondence as well as auto processing of PTO XML documents.
Data import tools automate record creation with bulk data validation for US and international patents. When integrated with ANAQUA Services, past and future annuities information is available at the patent, family, and portfolio level for cost analysis and projections. ANAQUA provides a collection of Excel-based data upload tools for error-free initial data loading, client or new attorney on boarding, and portfolio acquisition. Country laws, bulk data import, user-configurable rules, and real-time data validation drive the processes during data entry.
ANAQUA’s integrated document and email repository maintains a history of communications and decisions for each IP matter. Links to PTO and conflict records, workflows, and associated agreements automatically generate as documents enter the system. Sophisticated query options, including full text search, and powerful reporting tools let you quickly access documents and visualize the data you need to run your firm’s operations and advise your clients on higher level planning and execution for their portfolio. There are also optional modules for tracking third party patents, administering patent awards, including robust remuneration management, and an additional module for strategic patent planning.
The Related Art Management feature in the Patent Management Module allows attorneys to review related art and manage the review and citation status across multiple patent families and cases. Search for related art across matters and view lists of inventions or patents where linked. During the search process, retrieve related art from public data sources and automatically create a summary document for review; leverage ANAQUA’s unique visual Citation Matrix to track related art review and citation status across multiple unrelated patents.
- Use the Document Management functions for related art documents including drag and drop upload and full text search
- Upload related art documents and link to as many matters as needed
- Preview and generate USPTO IDS documents automatically
- Retrieve multi-record related art from ADS, available by subscription
Patent Drafting Application
The Patent Management Module provides a full complement of tools to manage application drafting, prosecution, maintenance, and filing activities. With the Patent Management Module, attorneys and their staff support drafting and filing processes by configuring workflow and decision-making assignments and proactively managing all related tasks, correspondence, and documents. ANAQUA’s collaboration tools ensure firm leadership and clients are actively involved when necessary. Create multiple applications directly from the filing plan, and Patent Trademark Office record links are automatically created once applications are filed with e-filing supported for a number of PTOs. ANAQUA Filing Services provides patent translations, preparation, and filing of PCT national stage entries and EP validations.
- ANAQUA STUDIO automates and streamlines patent drafting and prosecution with tools for claims drafting, drawing, and Office Action responses
- Law firm leadership and other stakeholders can review applications and Office Actions to leave or answer comments for the patent drafter
Office Action Response
Firm staff, attorneys, leadership, and clients when necessary, can securely access and directly contribute to cases, collaborate on Office Action responses, and enter docket tasks. Further, firm leadership can bulk assign and reassign Office Action responses and docketing based on business needs. ANAQUA STUDIO automates and streamlines Office Action review and response drafting making patent attorneys highly productive.
- Office Actions are dragged and dropped into STUDIO, which identifies the claims at issue and populates a response template for the drafter to fill out
- Firm leadership and stakeholders can review Office Actions and leave or answer comments for the drafter
- To assist in deadline management, ANAQUA’s law engine provides escalation rules and alerts if there’s a delay in completing an Office Action response
For the annuity payment process, the Patents Module provides portfolio reviews and payment decision workflows with an integration to ANAQUA Services as well as the ability to interface with other annuity service providers. Obtain quotes and place orders directly from the patent record screen and capture budgets and costs in the system with the optional Invoicing and Budgeting Module. ANAQUA Services provides past and future payment data to allow cost projection reports at the patent and portfolio level.
Third Party Portfolio Analysis
The Third Party Patents Module supports the import and analysis of portfolios and patents with images owned by potential licensees, competitors, and other entities.
- Upload third party patents in bulk then analyze in the same way as client assets
- Link to General Matters, IP Reviews, Conflicts, and Agreements
- Automatically classify third party patents using the same classifications used for your client’s patent portfolio using semantic analysis of a defined set of document texts
- Leverage the IP Review Module to manage more in-depth analysis of specific third party patents