15 Reasons AIPLA 2015 is a Can’t Miss Event for IP Professionals
The American Intellectual Property Law Association Annual Meeting will be held in Washington, DC this year, from October 22-24.
Here are 15 reasons this is a can’t-miss event for IP professionals.
- You can network with 2,000 colleagues from around the world. You might find your next client, your next associate, or your next job.
- You can painlessly earn up to 16.5 hours of CLE in just three days. Programs include “Putting the FUN in FUNctional: The Status of Functional Claiming and Effects of Nautilus Re: Indefiniteness.” You’ll get a post-meeting CD/DVD you can bring back home with lots of material to share in-house.
- The opening night reception theme is “Around the World,” “sampling the best food, music, and fun each country has to offer.”
- You can collect swag and check out the latest in legal tech at the Expo Hall. Come say hello to us at booth #42 & #43! Drop your card in our bowl and be entered to win an iPad!
- You can tweet about it at #aiplaAM15.
- The registration fee is waived for in-house IP counsel attending their first AIPLA event!
- If you’ve been in practice for less than two years, you can shape up at a two-day pre-meeting Patent Prosecution Boot Camp.
- You might get the chance to take a selfie with Michelle Lee, Director of the US Patent and Trademark Office.
- The black-tie-optional dinner dance gives you an excuse to dress up in your best formal wear.
- While you’re taking notes and exchanging business cards, your spouse or guest can be going on an organized tour of the National Gallery or the mansions of Washington.
- You can buy a Washington Redskins t-shirt – for a limited time only?
- Washington is lovely in October. It’s expected to be in the low 70s and sunny during the meeting. You can see the leaves changing color in Shenandoah National Park.
- When you’re not at the Meeting, you can enjoy local events like the Women’s Voices Theater Festival, the Maryland Renaissance Festival, Above and Beyond: The Ultimate Interactive Flight Exhibition at the National Air and Space Museum, or Barn Night at the Washington International Horse Show.
- You can relive the ‘80s with the Commodores, Joe Jackson or Michael McDonald in concert.
- Everyone needs to get out of the office once in a while. Attending AIPLA and other work related events is easy when you can access your IP information anywhere. Anaqua’s mobile apps are designed for on-the-go attorneys, managers, and IP staff who need fast access to IP information whenever and wherever.
ANAQUA’s IP Practice Management solutions have been used for over a decade by many of the world’s leading corporations and their large network of law firms and agents. For further information on Anaqua, please visit http://www.anaqua.com.