Anaqua Cares: Three Days of Giving
Anaqua has had incredible growth and changes this year and another has come about, Anaqua Cares, the community service initiative. It was started with the mission, to get more involved with our community as well as get to know each other better. July 11th-14th, Anaqua Cares had their three days of giving kick-off. This was the FIRST ever community service event within the company. We worked with multiple organizations over the three days such as:
- Boston Rescue Mission: http://www.brm.org/
- St. Francis House: http://www.stfrancishouse.org/site/PageServer?pagename=SFH_homepage
- Cradles to Crayons: https://www.cradlestocrayons.org/
- Greater Boston Food Bank: http://www.gbfb.org/
Employees were given the option of three different days, different shifts throughout the day with various organizations. The outcome was incredible: total of 75 Boston employees participated and the company had a total of 172 volunteer hours.
Anaqua Cares 3 Days of Giving Kick-Off began on Monday July 11th with a welcome breakfast catered by the delicious Mother Juice who had smoothies, acai bowls, and an avocado toast bar. Anaqua CEO, Bob Romeo, presented a speech launching the Anaqua Cares initiative. He talked about his personal dedication to giving and his support of company-wide participation. Employees also were given their Anaqua Cares volunteer t-shirts, information about their volunteer teammates and captains, and directions to their shifts. They were also able to grab some Anaqua Cares “swag”.
- Tuesday July 12th: start of the volunteer shifts. Employees either attended St. Francis House or Boston Rescue Mission on this day
- Wednesday July 13th: Cradles to Crayons
- Thursday July 14th: Boston Rescue Mission, St. Francis House, Cradles to Crayons and Greater Boston Food Bank
Thursday afternoon, after the shifts finished, volunteers were invited to gather in the office cafeteria for a thank you celebration. Drinks and delicious appetizers were set up for employees. Pictures of the volunteer shifts were put up on the wall and a slideshow of the pictures was running. Jeff Mello, Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, said a thank you speech and explained how incredible the outcome of this was.
This was a great first Anaqua Cares event and we are excited for more in the future.
Check out all our fun and hard work: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/3e9n4i6i62a8709/AABcn5wpCzi0esE3vO7rThexa
Follow our Social accounts: